Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A Nation On The Rails - Quilt #2, 2011

Quilt Top #2 2011 - the red, white, and blue rail fence - is complete! And we're only halfway through Feb!

And completed!


Showing the complete lay of the quilt - with the cat in the background!


If I did it over again, I'd do it slightly differently, I think. A couple of the solid blocks in the centre break up the movement more than I like, but the overall effect works.

Does anyone have ideas for a name for it?

I like naming quilts.
eg. this one is named 'cathedral windows':

That's not the design, but that's the quilt's name.

Right now, this quilt is "railfence in abstract", although I'm thinking perhaps 'Mondrian on the Tracks' except that Mondrian is a lot more square and linear and more colourful. On the other hand, 'A Nation On The Rails' might be an appropriate commentary for the times, perhaps?

I haven't named the postage stamp quilt yet either:

I'm thinking either 'The Penny Patches' (after the Penny Black, which was the first stamp issued by the UK), or 'That's A Lot Of Letters!'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I try to answer every comment made, but if I forget to respond to you, I sincerely apologise! Thanks so much for coming by and commenting!