Thursday, April 28, 2011

the Manifesto Of Creativity

My Manifesto Of Creativity

1. I like what I like. You like what you like. They may or may not overlap. And that's okay.
2. Perfection is not required, but I personally like to take some pride in what I've done - to do it reasonably well. And then see if I can do it better. (Note Rule #1: my 'reasonably well' is unlikely to be your 'reasonably well' - see "inexact seams" in previous post. And that's okay.)
3. Take shortcuts whenever possible (and where it doesn't interfere with Rule #2). Time is one thing humanity always runs out of faster than we think we will.
4. Perfection can wait. Done is the engine of More. Get it Done. (Full text: Cult Of Done manifesto)
5. Creative endeavour is (mostly) a hobby to me. It should be enjoyable wherever possible. If a part of the process is a chore, then it's not fun anymore.


tl;dr: Everyone's different. Don't be a hater. It's more important to Do than to Be Perfect. And the Doing should at least be Enjoyable, if not outright Fun.


Small technical issue

I'm sorry if I don't respond to your comments. How on Earth does one respond to comments on Blogger? I'm used to blogs like LiveJournal which allow threading of comments, as well as emailing individual replies to the people who are being replied to. It's much more convenient for holding conversations with people who respond to your posts or your comments in posts, and allowing them to be publically viewable. Sometimes people other than the questioner are interested in the answer.

Do I have to email you all individually or something? Or do I just respond in the comments?

Usually, I'm an "ooh, what does this button do?" kind of person with technology and applications. But I have the feeling I'm looking for a functionality that doesn't exist on this platform. (Technobabble translation: "Blogger doesn't have it.")

2 comments:

  1. Yep, you pretty much have to email each commenter (unless they are a no reply blogger) or reply in the comments and hope they come back to check. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! I posted this exact same question on my blog a few days ago. This is what Stray Stitches told me, and it works!!!!

    "Stray Stitches said...
    I have all comments sent to my email so that I can answer them straight from there. You need to go into your dashboard and click on Settings. Next click on the tab Comments. Go to the bottom of the page to where it says Comment Notification Email and type your email in there. Then click on Save Settings. This will have all the comments sent directly to your email and you can answer them from there. Easy peasy! "

    ReplyDelete

I try to answer every comment made, but if I forget to respond to you, I sincerely apologise! Thanks so much for coming by and commenting!