Tuesday, September 13, 2011

on the horns of a dilemma

Man, it's been a busy morning!



I went up to the mailbox and found a package waiting for me - hurray! The Imperial Collection #6 that I'd been waiting for so I could finish my mum's quilt!

Except it wasn't Imperial Collection #6. It was Imperial Collection #7. In a very different, non-matching colourstory.

imperial collection 7

RATS!

I went back and looked at the listing - the description of the item says Imperial Collection 7, but the picture is definitely Imperial Collection #6. I ordered on the basis of the picture, only glancing at the description. *sigh*

I spoke with the proprieter of the shop, who hadn't realised. But now I have a fabric collection I didn't really want (it's pretty and I can eventually use it, but it's not what I wanted to get), and still no fabric for mum's quilt.

I'm not sure anyone sells Imperial Collection 6 anymore - maybe people have it in their stashes or quietly on the side, but it's tricky finding anyone who sells it anymore. I thought I'd hit the jackpot in this small Etsy shop, but...obviously not so.

If the worst comes to the worst, I can use some of the Imperial Collection 7 fabrics in Mum's quilt - some of them will work, although others may not so much:

imperial collection 6&7

No comments:

Post a Comment

I try to answer every comment made, but if I forget to respond to you, I sincerely apologise! Thanks so much for coming by and commenting!