Wednesday, July 18, 2012

WIP Wednesday: the one with kitchen

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

Sorry for missing last week's WIP Wednesday. Work got crazy busy and I worked 56 hours in 5 days, which is considerably above my customary 40 hour week.

So there's been marginal movement on any WIPs...although quite a bit of movement on the kitchen! (That was most of my Saturday, leaving me a little bit of Sunday to relax in... But not enough time to get anything much done on the quilting frong!)

Kitchen renovations

We have a stove! And an oven! And a microwave! And a sink! And cupboards!

(And the tail of a cat!)

Kitchen! Nearly there!

And now maybe we can start moving things back into the kitchen and out of the lounge room (my sewing space), which still looks more or less like this:

The room formerly known as the sewing room.

The Actual WIP Part: Marginal movement

Build Me Up, Buttercup

Sewing the blocks in columns:

Build Me Up Buttercup: sewing blocks together

Halfway through!

Le Petit Poulet

All the points of the uneven stars are sewn into squares:

Le petit poulet

Now I just need the time and space to put them together!

Le Petit Poulet: pieces

...and the bit where I sat on my ass, a.k.a. "No Progress"
New York Beauty: Last two blocks to go!
String Quilt: still sitting in muslin squares
Hidden Harvest binding: Nope.
Go Back To The Jungle binding: Nope.

2 comments:

  1. Your kitchen is looking nice, I really like that built-in oven! I love that stack of uneven star points, hopefully your space is cleared out soon! Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa - bless your heart - It's such a pain to have your house all torn up like that. Must be great to be getting the kitchen fixed up, though!

    ReplyDelete

I try to answer every comment made, but if I forget to respond to you, I sincerely apologise! Thanks so much for coming by and commenting!