Sunday, January 31, 2016

Intulawoven - finished top!

I've been posting about this one for a while - mostly in my WIP Wednesday posts, but the top has finally been finished!

Confession time: I'm not actually all that fond of making HSTs. It's not the sewing and cutting I mind so much, it's the ironing and trimming. sometimes it feels endless.

So much Tula! #aussiecharmalong

But I do love the patterns that can come about from HSTs. This one is from the book 'Crazy For Scraps' by Sally Schneider. 10 HSTs + 6 blank squares make for a 16" finished block that is then rotated through 90degrees repeatedly to give the 'Interwoven' look.

Photographed! #intulawoven #tulapink #aussiecharmalong

It's being entered in the Tula Pink Charm-Along Linky Party over at Ms Midge.

I think I'll just quilt this one simply with an all-over fiery curls pattern. The stunning is in the pattern, and I don't think the quilting should detract from that.

If I don't manage a separate, self-designed quilt for the Sydney Quilt Show, I think this one will be one of the entries for 2016.



18 comments:

  1. I like the colour play with this quilt and yes, definitely quilt it simply so the pattern can shine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An all-over in fiery curls will be simple and effective, I think. I just have to do the backing and book the time on the quilting machine...

      Delete
  2. It is gorgeous and I love the design ! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so great! The Tula fabric is beautiful and the design you've chosen gives the eye so much to look at. Great movement!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It worked even better than I thought it would. Which is always nice. Thanks for coming by and commenting.

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous colors! I have seen these quilts before but never noticed the block until you pointed it out. Very cool pattern!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's pretty spectacular when colour-blended. I kind of want to try it with single-colour strands next.

      Delete
  5. It's a great piece, everything about it works. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it. I am surprised by how much I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! 31/2 years later and still getting compliments on this gorgeous quilt. I located the book that you referenced, but can’t seem to figure out which quilt it was. Can you please let me know?

    ReplyDelete

I try to answer every comment made, but if I forget to respond to you, I sincerely apologise! Thanks so much for coming by and commenting!