Thursday, June 29, 2017

2017 Finish-A-Long Q3 Goalposts

If you don't know what you're shooting for, you can't possibly know where to aim, can you?

Charm About You

These are the goals I'm aiming at for the 3rd Quarter of the 2017 Finish-Along!

1. Eilidh's Quilt

Goal: Completed.
For the daughter of a friend. A variant of Aneela Hoey's Magic Stars, in rainbow on black background.

2. Break Free Or Build Upon




Goal: Completed.
I think I'll submit this one to the Sydney Modern Quilt Guild show.

3. Girt By Sea


Goal: Bagged and ready to sew.
Would like to get this done. Chances of getting it done? HAHAHAHAHA.

4. Backings for 4 quilts and sent off to quilter


Goal: Sent off
- French Farmhouse
- Valley of the Kings
- The Seaweed Is Always Greener (Mendocino 1)

5. Mod Squad Aviatrix

Goal: Bagged and ready to sew.
The Sydney Mod Squad (my local quilting group) are probably going to be doing an Aviatrix Medallion sew-along in the coming months. I've had the pattern for a while but haven't done anything. At this point, I'm leaning towards the Summer Palette that Hartman has put up. Maybe with Kona Slate or Steel as the background...

6. Passacaglia

Goal: Completed. (Or else, segmented into matching cushion covers for the lounge room.)

I'm concatenating this one. I was very tempted to lay it out, cut it into squares and make quilted cushions out of it, but a friend has persuaded me otherwise. At least for the moment. How long this persuasion lasts...I can't say. We need some new quilt cushions...

--

Yes, that's a lot of goals, but one might as well aim high and aim hard!

1 comment:

I try to answer every comment made, but if I forget to respond to you, I sincerely apologise! Thanks so much for coming by and commenting!